- OFFICE OF STUDENT AFFAIRS
- ENROLLMENT MANAGEMENT
- ADMISSIONS & RECORDS
Performs senior level clerical work that involves a wide range of clerical functions where some originating and planning of work are required and/or a variety of highly complex clerical or administrative tasks that are primarily substantive in nature and requires evaluating information for conformation with established requirements and interpreting laws, rules and regulations in order to determine appropriate disposition and use of judgment because problems are often not covered by standard instructions or established techniques, systems or procedures. Carries out assignments independently, and accomplishes work with substantial use of discretion and selectiveness in deviating from established processes and procedures. Some positions supervise and participate in performing complex clerical work comparable to the class Office Assistant III.
Basic Experience: Six (6) months of work experience which demonstrated knowledge of English grammar, spelling, arithmetic; ability to read and understand oral and written instructions; write simply and directly and compare words and numbers quickly and accurately.
Clerical Experience: Two (2) years of work experience which involved the performance of a variety of clerical tasks and demonstrated knowledge of office practices and procedures, and the ability to carry out procedures in clerical work systems, and operate various kinds of office equipment and technologies.
1. Graduation from high school or equivalent may be substituted for Basic Experience.
2. Excess Clerical Experience may be substituted for Basic Experience.
3. Successful completion of a substantially full-time clerical/office support/business technology curriculum leading to a degree, diploma or certificate at an accredited community college, business or technical school which included courses in English, clerical/office procedures, and mathematics may be substituted for the required Clerical Experience on the basis of fifteen (15) semester credits of satisfactorily completed coursework for six (6) months of experience, up to a maximum of two (2) years.
4. Education in a baccalaureate program at an accredited college or university may be substituted for Clerical Experience on the basis of fifteen (15) semester credits for six (6) months of experience, up to a maximum of two (2) years.
Physical and Medical Requirements
Applicants must be able to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the position, effectively and safely, with or without reasonable accommodation.
Internal Complaint Process (Administrative Review)
Applicants who do not agree with an action taken on their application must file an internal complaint with the System Director of Human Resources, in accordance with the University’s Administrative Procedure A9.140. The internal compliant form must be completed and contain the specific reasons(s) supporting the request for review. Complaints must be postmarked within seven (7) working days from the date of notice and sent to: University of Hawai‘i, Office of Human Resources, Civil Service Employee Relations Section, 2440 Campus Road, Administrative Services Bldg. #2, Honolulu, Hawai‘i 96822. A change as a result of the internal complaint will not affect the employment consideration of referred applicants or another applicant’s appointment to the vacancy.