Work at UH Advertisement
- Continuous recruitment of various positions, tenure and non-tenure track, 9 or 11 month, various funds, to begin 01/12, with selected assignments in medical/surgical, pediatric, obstetrics, and/or psychiatric nursing, subject to funding availability and actual staffing needs. Positions may be converted from 11 month to 9 month or conversely as operationally necessary.
- In an NLN accredited nursing program, and under general supervision, to teach courses, supervise student clinical experiences in selected nursing specialties, and to perform work as assigned. To carry out instructional and non-instructional assignments. Commitment to community college principles and philosophy is essential. Evening work may be required. Perform related duties as assigned. Day, evening, weekend, off-campus, and/or distance education classes may be assigned as part of regular workload.
- All minimum qualifications must be met by the effective date of appointment.
- RN Program: Master's degree in Nursing and at least one year of hospital experience in one of the areas of teaching responsibility (preferably this experience will have been gained within the last five years of date of application);and RN eligible for Hawaii State License. RN license required by effective date of employment. License required prior to assumption of clinical responsibilities. IF QUALIFIED APPLICANTS ARE NOT AVAILABLE, THOSE NOT MEETING MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED AS ACTING INSTRUCTOR. Bachelor's in Nursing (Education must have included content for academic credits in curriculum, teaching and at least three years of acute care nursing experience within the last five years of date of application.) Registered nurse eligible for Hawaii State License. License required prior to assumption of clinical responsibilities.
- Clinical currency in area of expertise.
- Demonstrated ability to work with community college students.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a multi-ethnic,multi-cultural population.
- Ability to employ writing assignments and critical thinking skill development as part of learning experience.
- Willingness and ability to teach using different technological modes.
- UH Maui College, Personnel Office
- 310 Kaahumanu Avenue
- Kahului, HI 96732
- Nancy Johnson; 808-984-3250; firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of Hawaiʻi is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination on the basis of race, sex, gender identity and expression, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, genetic information, marital status, breastfeeding, income assignment for child support, arrest and court record (except as permissible under State law), sexual orientation, domestic or sexual violence victim status, national guard absence, or status as a covered veteran.
Individuals with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation for the application or hiring process are encouraged to contact the EEO/AA coordinator(s) for the respective campus.
Employment is contingent on satisfying employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986; reference checks of previous employers; and for certain positions, criminal history record checks.
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, annual campus crime statistics for the University of Hawaii may be viewed at: http://ope.ed.gov/security/, or a paper copy may be obtained upon request from the respective UH Campus Security or Administrative Services Office.