Work at UH Advertisement
- Lecturers for Liberal Arts, Baccalaureate and Vocational Programs for Fall, Spring, and Summer; UH Maui College, part-time, general funds, continuous recruitment for placement on lecturer pool, non-tenurial, pending sufficient enrollment, availability of funds and actual staffing requirements. Placement in the pool ensures eligibility only and does not guarantee employment.
- Under general supervision, conduct classes in subject fields; prepare class syllabi, grading and reports related to teaching and student progress.
- Maintain minimum one office hour per week for each course taught.
- Evening, off campus (i.e. Moloka’i, Lana’i, and Hana) and distance classes may be assigned as part of regular workload.
- ANTHROPOLOGY- Master's in Anthropology; AGRICULTURE - Master's in Agriculture or Horticulture or related field or Bachelor's in Agriculture or Horticulture or related field plus 3 years experience.
- BIOCHEMISTRY - Master's in Biochemistry, Chemistry or Molecular Biology.
- CHEMISTRY - Master's in Chemistry or Bachelor's plus 3 years experience.
- EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCTION: Master's in ECE or related field or Bachelor's plus 3 years experience.
- ECONOMICS- Master's in Economics.
- ENGLISH: (1) Master’s in English, Literature, Writing, ESL or (2) Master’s in Fine Arts (Creative Writing) or (3) Master’s in Education with English emphasis.
- GEOGRAPHY: Master's in Geography.
- HUMAN SERVICES: (1) Master's in Human Services or related field or (2) Bachelor's plus 3 years experience.
- MATHEMATICS: Master's in Mathematics.
- MATHEMATICS (Developmental): (a) Master's in Mathematics; or (b) Master's in Education AND Bachelor's in Math; or (c) M.Ed. in Mathematics.
- NURSING (Nurse Assistant Training Instructor) (a) RN eligible for Hawaii State License (license required by effective date of employment) (b) RN must have at least two(2) years of nursing experience (c) RN must have at least one (1) year of nursing experience to be in the provision of long term care (d) Completed a course in teaching adults or have experience in teaching adults or supervising nurse aides.
- PHYSICS: Master's in Physics; POLITICAL SCIENCE: Master's in Political Science.
- PSYCHOLOGY: Master's in Psychology.
- SOCIOLOGY: Master's in Sociology.
- ZOOLOGY: Master's in Zoology, emphasis in Human Anatomy & Physiology.
- Most disciplines require a Master's Degree in the field.
- Knowledge in appropriate field as evidenced by coursework.
- Prior relevant successful community college or university teaching experience in the field.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse student populations.
- UH Maui College
- Human Resources
- 310 Kaahumanu Avenue
- Kahului, HI 96732
- Barbara L Ornellas; 808-984-3381; firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of Hawaiʻi is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination on the basis of race, sex, gender identity and expression, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, genetic information, marital status, breastfeeding, income assignment for child support, arrest and court record (except as permissible under State law), sexual orientation, domestic or sexual violence victim status, national guard absence, or status as a covered veteran.
Employment is contingent on satisfying employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986; reference checks of previous employers; and for certain positions, criminal history record checks.
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, annual campus crime statistics for the University of Hawaii may be viewed at: http://ope.ed.gov/security/, or a paper copy may be obtained upon request from the respective UH Campus Security or Administrative Services Office.