Work at UH Advertisement
- Assist with all managerial aspects of the program including facility maintenance, equipment repair, apparel/footwear organization, local transportation, preparation and conduction of home competitions, and other administrative duties. Additionally, the incumbent must demonstrate a positive working attitude and maintain a collaborative working relationship with the coaching staff, administrators in the UH Athletics Department and other individuals interested in the Women’s Cross Country / Track & Field Program.
- Maintain the organization and cleanliness of the Track & Field facilities at the T.C Ching Athletics Complex both indoor and outdoor. Duties include keeping the shed vacuumed, wiped down and tidy, the containers clean and organized, the track debris-free and the landing areas weeded.
- Maintain and repair equipment (e.g., hurdles, carts, implements, etc.).
- Assist with the sizing, stocking, distribution, collection and record keeping of the team’s apparel/footwear inventory.
- Responsible for the local transportation of equipment, apparel and athletes (e.g., PV poles to and from the airport, apparel to and from the screening shop and athletes to and from off-site training and competition locations or other destinations as required).
- Available for meet preparation prior to, during and after all home competitions. Duties include, but are not limited to, equipment set-up, registration, awards, officiating, results and clean up.
- Assist with administrative duties such as package preparation, record keeping, statistics, mailouts, and team meeting preparations.
- Assist with the organization of community service and fund raising events.
- Comply with the Rainbow Wahine Cross Country / Track & Field Program.
- Expectations including academic standards.
- Maintain confidentiality to include but not limited to information, files and records that the incumbent may obtain or possess, in accordance with federal and state laws and University of Hawai‘i policies.
- Know, recognize and comply with the laws, policies, rules and regulations governing the University of Hawaii and its employees and the rules of the NCAA and affiliated Conferences as now constituted or as may be amended in the future. Immediately advises the Director of Athletics or designee if you have reasonable cause to believe violations, whether by employees, students or others have occurred or will occur.
- May participate in limited on-track activities during practice (e.g., assist with drills)involving student-athletes.
- Perform other duties as assigned which may include video-taping and power-point presentation preparation.
- CRITERIA FOR TEAM MANAGER: The individual shall be a full-time undergraduate (12 credits at the University of Hawaii at Manoa (UHM)) or a degree seeking graduate student (8 credits at UHM) (see Bylaws 14.2.2 and184.108.40.206.4), except that during his or her final semester or quarter of a degree program, he or she may be enrolled in less than a full-time program of studies, provided he or she is carrying (for credit) the courses necessary to complete the degree requirements; An undergraduate team manager must maintain a minimum semester and cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.0 or above and complete a minimum of 12 credits each semester.
- A graduate team manager may be allowed to be a manager for two (2) years only. Graduate Manager must maintain a minimum semester and cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above and complete a minimum of 8 credits each semester.
- Managers must be able to work up to 30 hours per week.
- BENEFITS: An undergraduate team manager must maintain a minimum semester and cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.0 or above and complete a minimum of 12 credits each semester.
- A graduate team manager may be allowed to be a manager for two (2) years only. Graduate Manager must maintain a minimum semester and cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above.
- Maximum amount a team manager may receive will be equal to an undergraduate resident tuition. Tuition does not include payment for Outreach College extension courses. Team Manager will be responsible for payment to Outreach College.
- Tuition payment will be prorated if the start date and completion of all required paperwork is after the first day of school.
- APPOINTMENT PERIOD: 2018 Fall Semester and 2019 Spring Semester. Manager positions are renewable upon satisfactory performance.
- Acceptance and enrolled as a full-time student at the University of Hawai’i at Manoa.
- Knowledge of Cross Country and Track & Field.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office Word and Excel.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to manage time wisely.
- UHM Athletics Department
- Attn: Human Resources
- 1337 Lower Campus Rd
- Honolulu, HI 96822
- Tim Boyce, Head Coach; 808-956-2143; email@example.com
The University of Hawaiʻi is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination on the basis of race, sex, gender identity and expression, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, genetic information, marital status, breastfeeding, income assignment for child support, arrest and court record (except as permissible under State law), sexual orientation, domestic or sexual violence victim status, national guard absence, or status as a covered veteran.
Employment is contingent on satisfying employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986; reference checks of previous employers; and for certain positions, criminal history record checks.
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, annual campus crime statistics for the University of Hawaii may be viewed at: http://ope.ed.gov/security/, or a paper copy may be obtained upon request from the respective UH Campus Security or Administrative Services Office.