Work at UH Advertisement
- This position is for an appointment of 11 months; renewal subject of performance and/or availability of funds
- Take the lead on event planning, vendor and volunteer coordination, communication, logistics, and other event related tasks for the Undergraduate Showcase.
- Provide support for implementing and carrying out Manoa Horizons undergraduate journal publication process including editorial assignments and review and coordination of release reception.
- Assist with fellowship and scholarship advising to guide prospective student applicants for competitive awards.
- Coordinate and run workshops to facilitate academic development of undergraduate students, such as to help prepare students for poster and oral presentations at the Undergraduate Showcase and to put together strong applications for fellowships and scholarships.
- Take the lead on extramural funding applications including but not limited to, the Student Activities and Program Fee Board and Associated Student of University of Hawaii.
- Assist with technical aspects of website and application process as well as academic and program support to the Honors Program. Update website content as needed and manage email accounts and student record databases.
- Continuously search and recruit for methods to promote program and events to students and faculty, as well as build relationships with UHM departments, faculty members, and national and local educational/research institutions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Classified degree-seeking student in a Master’s or PhD program in good standing in any field at UH Manoa
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills to work as a team with a faculty, staff, and students
- Problem solver and flexible (open and willing to learn and take on new tasks)
- Organized, detail oriented, consistent, and accurate
- Excellent professional writing skills
- Ability to use Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Experience in event planning
- Must be available on Undergraduate Showcase dates, which coincide with UH Manoa academic study days
- Experience in teaching, conducting workshops, facilitating trainings
- Skilled in the use of Mac computers, Adobe Suite, Wordpress and Digital Commons
- Experience with Banner, STAR
- Adept of learning new technology. Graphic/web design experience.
- Sylvia Wu; 808-956-8361; firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of Hawaiʻi is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination on the basis of race, sex, gender identity and expression, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, genetic information, marital status, breastfeeding, income assignment for child support, arrest and court record (except as permissible under State law), sexual orientation, domestic or sexual violence victim status, national guard absence, or status as a covered veteran.
Employment is contingent on satisfying employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986; reference checks of previous employers; and for certain positions, criminal history record checks.
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, annual campus crime statistics for the University of Hawaii may be viewed at: http://ope.ed.gov/security/, or a paper copy may be obtained upon request from the respective UH Campus Security or Administrative Services Office.