Work at UH Advertisement
- Assist with all managerial aspects of the program including clerical work such as inputting of data and filing paperwork, organizing team travel, preparation of practice/game facilities and equipment, video taping of practices and games, clock management during practices, assist with team functions such as community service events and the Rainbow Wahine Water Polo Booster Club. Demonstrate effective organizational skills and time management. Additionally, the incumbent must demonstrate a positive and professional attitude and maintain a collaborative working relationship with the coaching staff, team members, support staff, administrators in the UH Athletics Department and other individuals associated with the Rainbow Wahine Water Polo Program.
- Be responsible for working with coaches to organize team travel and the ordering of team equipment.
- The individual may participate in limited on-field activities during practice (e.g., assist with drills) or competition (e.g., assist with warm-up activities) involving student-athletes.
- Video taping and editing of practices and games.
- Clock management during practices.
- Clerical office work and record keeping. Inputting of data and filing paperwork. Maintain confidentiality with office work and all other aspects of the program.
- Assist with administrative duties such as mail and team meeting preparation.
- Be available prior, during and after all home competitions for game preparation and administration.
- Be available to travel to away games as assigned.
- Assist with organization of community service events and the Water Polo Rainbow Wahine Booster Club.
- Comply with the Rainbow Wahine Water Polo Team Guideline.
- Know, recognize, and comply with the laws, policies, rules, and regulations governing the University of Hawai‘i and its employees, and the rules of the National Collegiate Athletic Association and of the affiliated conferences as now constituted or as may be amended in the future. Immediately advises the Director of Athletics or designee if you have reasonable cause to believe violations, whether by employees, students, or others, have occurred or will occur.
- Other duties as assigned.
- CRITERIA FOR TEAM MANAGER:
- An undergraduate team manager must maintain a minimum semester and cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.0 or above and complete a minimum of 12 credits each semester.
- A graduate team manager may be allowed to be a manager for two (2) years only. Graduate Manager must maintain a minimum semester and cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above and complete a minimum of 8 credits each semester.
- Managers must be able to work up to 30 hours per week.
- BENEFITS: Maximum amount a team manager may receive will be equal to an undergraduate resident tuition. Tuition does not include payment for Outreach College extension courses. Team Manager will be responsible for payment to Outreach College. Tuition payment will be prorated if the start date and completion of all required paperwork is after the first day of school.
- APPOINTMENT PERIOD: 2018 Fall Semester and 2019 Spring Semester. Manager positions are renewable upon satisfactory performance and availability of funds.
- Acceptance and enrolled as a full-time student at the University of Hawai‘i at Manoa.
- Knowledge of water polo.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office Word and Excel
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to manage time wisely.
- UHM Athletics Department
- Attn: Human Resources
- 1337 Lower Campus Rd
- Honolulu, HI 96822
- Mo Cole, Head Water Polo Coach; 808-956-4464; firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of Hawaiʻi is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination on the basis of race, sex, gender identity and expression, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, genetic information, marital status, breastfeeding, income assignment for child support, arrest and court record (except as permissible under State law), sexual orientation, domestic or sexual violence victim status, national guard absence, or status as a covered veteran.
Employment is contingent on satisfying employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986; reference checks of previous employers; and for certain positions, criminal history record checks.
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, annual campus crime statistics for the University of Hawaii may be viewed at: http://ope.ed.gov/security/, or a paper copy may be obtained upon request from the respective UH Campus Security or Administrative Services Office.