Work at UH Advertisement
- Assist Academic Advisors with team advising and Learning Services program coordinators with program development
- Help design, implement and supervise tutorials that integrate active learning techniques in the context of the discipline/course
- Work individually or in small groups with academically at-risk and under-prepared students, including international students
- Assist in the planning and implementation of the Summer Bridge Program
- Assist with tutor/mentor training, orientation, assessment of incoming student-athletes
- Assist in teaching in UNIV class(es)
- Assist with evening team study halls and programming
- Possible team travel
- Other duties as assigned
- Classified graduate student
- One year experience tutoring and/or teaching academic skills
- Strong oral communication, writing and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Dependable, organized and efficient
- Experience working with student-athletes in an athletic-academic setting
- One year teaching experience
- Experience working in multicultural settings
- Experience working with students with learning disabilities
- Courtney Tsumoto; 808-956-4077; firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of Hawaiʻi is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination on the basis of race, sex, gender identity and expression, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, genetic information, marital status, breastfeeding, income assignment for child support, arrest and court record (except as permissible under State law), sexual orientation, domestic or sexual violence victim status, national guard absence, or status as a covered veteran.
Employment is contingent on satisfying employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986; reference checks of previous employers; and for certain positions, criminal history record checks.
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, annual campus crime statistics for the University of Hawaii may be viewed at: http://ope.ed.gov/security/, or a paper copy may be obtained upon request from the respective UH Campus Security or Administrative Services Office.