Work at UH Advertisement
- Position is expected to begin approximately July 2018 or as mutually acceptable. Renewable depending on meeting the eligibility requirements of the assistantship (for details, go to the UHM Graduate Division website at https://manoa.hawaii.edu/graduate/content/eligibility-criteria), satisfactory performance and/or funding availability. To know more about the School of Nursing and Dental Hygiene, go to: http://nursing.hawaii.edu/
- Implement instructional design protocols for the nursing curricula.
- Provide support to faculty in developing, delivering, evaluating, and modifying course materials to achieve course and program objectives.
- Edit content in multiple formats such as text, audio, video, and multimedia in accordance with instructional design plan.
- Assist in assessing instructional, technical, and production requirements to determine the most appropriate interactive media for courses.
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical issues concerning instructional design systems and related multimedia software and hardware in courses.
- Collaborate with instructional design/multimedia staff, graduate assistants, and faculty to achieve project outcomes.
- Conduct workshops and training in online education and multimedia production for faculty, staff and students.
- Adapt material provided by instructors for delivery in a range of media to achieve course and program objectives.
- Implement school instructional design plan.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 1. Must be a classified graduate student in learning design and technology (LTEC), education, communications, graphic design or related field under the University of Hawaii at Manoa (UHM) Graduate Division;
- 2. Must be in good academic standing and maintain a GPA of 3.0 or above;
- 3. Must be customer service oriented by following up with faculty, staff and students, provide feedback and see problems through to resolution;
- 4. Has knowledge of instructional technology as demonstrated by the ability to apply principles, concepts, methodology and terminology;
- 5. Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and resolve technology issues (i.e., networking, applications, etc.);
- 6. Demonstrated ability to understand oral and written communication, write reports and procedures, and communicate effectively in a variety of situations;
- 7. Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external organizations, groups, team members, and individuals;
- 8. Familiarity with both Windows and Macintosh operating systems.
- 1. One (1) year experience with course management systems and e-learning environments.
- 2. Experience designing courses using the Sakai course management system platform.
- 3. Experience teaching, training or leading workshops.
- 4. Experience with the Adobe Creative Suite of applications.
- James Callahan; email@example.com; Corie O. Fulgencio-Arre, HR Specialist; firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of Hawaiʻi is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination on the basis of race, sex, gender identity and expression, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, genetic information, marital status, breastfeeding, income assignment for child support, arrest and court record (except as permissible under State law), sexual orientation, domestic or sexual violence victim status, national guard absence, or status as a covered veteran.
Employment is contingent on satisfying employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986; reference checks of previous employers; and for certain positions, criminal history record checks.
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, annual campus crime statistics for the University of Hawaii may be viewed at: http://ope.ed.gov/security/, or a paper copy may be obtained upon request from the respective UH Campus Security or Administrative Services Office.