Work at UH Advertisement
- (NOTE: ** denotes Essential Functions)
- •** Assists with fiscal control for Campus Services programs, such as Bookstore System, Auxiliary Services, and UHM Department of Public Safety. Work assignments may include nights, weekends, and may be temporarily assigned to program locations at different campuses.
- •** Assists with statistical studies, financial analysis, fiscal planning, and the preparation of special reports.
- •** Assists in preparing preliminary budget calculations.
- •** Assists with ensuring the completeness and accuracy of all entries in journals and in general and subsidiary ledgers.
- •** Monitors and verifies accounting system reports of finances, and reconciles as necessary.
- •** Assists with ensuring accuracy and completeness of monthly operating statements, including expense schedules, and inventory reports.
- •** Collects statistical data from existing files and records necessary for budget preparation, variance reports, periodic operational status reports, and response to inquiries from other units within the University.
- •** Assists in year-end closing and preparation of operating statement, balance sheets, and analytic reports.
- •** Assists with ensuring that all payments and deposit of collections are made on a timely basis.
- •** Helps resolve disputed supplier claims, investigates, and corrects delays in processing, prepares necessary correspondence regarding these problems. Acts as liaison with the Disbursing Office and follows-up with departments.
- •** Assists with preparation of procurement and payment documents for supplies, services, and equipment intended for department use.
- •** Assists in preparation for and execution of monthly and year-end physical inventories.
- •Assists with computer input for the University's Fiscal Accounting System.
- •Assists with adjusting entries and preparing journal vouchers.
- •Assists with the processing of departmental checks and reconciliation of the departmental checking account system.
- •Assists in conducting surprise cash counts at various departments.
- •Assists with training and supervision of student assistants.
- •Other Duties As Assigned
- Possession of a baccalaureate degree in Business Administration or related field and 0 year(s) of progressively responsible professional experience with responsibilities for financial management; or equivalent education/training or experience.
- Has experience with University fiscal policies and procedures or equivalent experience.
- Campus Services Human Resources department; email@example.com
The University of Hawaiʻi is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination on the basis of race, sex, gender identity and expression, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, genetic information, marital status, breastfeeding, income assignment for child support, arrest and court record (except as permissible under State law), sexual orientation, domestic or sexual violence victim status, national guard absence, or status as a covered veteran.
Employment is contingent on satisfying employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986; reference checks of previous employers; and for certain positions, criminal history record checks.
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, annual campus crime statistics for the University of Hawaii may be viewed at: http://ope.ed.gov/security/, or a paper copy may be obtained upon request from the respective UH Campus Security or Administrative Services Office.