Work at UH Advertisement
- Pending position clearance and/or availability of extramural funds. Annually renewable, depending on availability of funding, program/project needs and satisfactory performance.
- 1) Assist the principal investigator and project staff with epidemiological and evaluation services for the State of Hawai'i, Department of Health, Prescription Drug Prevention Data project.
- 2) Assist with the evaluation of prescription drug use data systems and with the completion of a needs assessment for stakeholders.
- 3) Support project staff in organizing and convening a Data Advisory Committee.
- 4) Assist with developing a strategic plan, evaluation of progress, process and outcomes, and creating data-based profiles including Prescription Drug Use.
- 5)Participate in conference calls, trainings and project meetings and assist in data interpretation, presentation and manuscript writing as appropriate.
- 6) Perform other related duties as assigned.
- 1) University of Hawaii classified graduate student.
- 2) Able to work independently under the general direction of the principal investigator of the project and with appropriate training.
- 3) Working knowledge of computers and database, spreadsheet, and word processing programs including Microsoft Windows, Excel and Word.
- 4) Must be able to interact and communicate effectively in a team environment.
- 5) Must have strong organizational skills and be able to multitask.
- 6) Must be dependable.
- 1) University of Hawaii graduate student in public health or related field.
- 2) Prior evaluation and needs assessment experience.
- 3) Doctoral student.
- 4) Knowledge of database management and program evaluation.
- 5) Knowledge or experience in prescription drug use field.
- Dr. Claudio Nigg; 808-956-2862; email@example.com
The University of Hawaiʻi is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination on the basis of race, sex, gender identity and expression, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, genetic information, marital status, breastfeeding, income assignment for child support, arrest and court record (except as permissible under State law), sexual orientation, domestic or sexual violence victim status, national guard absence, or status as a covered veteran.
Employment is contingent on satisfying employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986; reference checks of previous employers; and for certain positions, criminal history record checks.
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, annual campus crime statistics for the University of Hawaii may be viewed at: http://ope.ed.gov/security/, or a paper copy may be obtained upon request from the respective UH Campus Security or Administrative Services Office.