Work at UH Advertisement
- For placement in lecturer pool beginning Fall 2018 and for future semesters. Positions are part-time, temporary, non-tenure, and contingent upon course offerings, sufficient student enrollment, position clearance, and availability of funds.
- Teach independent section of undergraduate Philosophy class(es). Duties include: (1) develop syllabus, (2) teach students, (3) grade exams and papers, (4) issue final grades.
- Other related duties, including preparing course syllabus, grading, maintaining weekly office hours.
- Master's degree in Philosophy from accredited university.
- Ph.D. in Philosophy (or Ph.D. candidate with A.B.D.) from accredited university and relevant teaching experience.
- Department of Philosophy
- 2530 Dole Street
- Sakamaki Hall
- Honolulu, HI 96822
- Jenna Saito; 808-956-8649; email@example.com
The University of Hawaiʻi is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination on the basis of race, sex, gender identity and expression, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, genetic information, marital status, breastfeeding, income assignment for child support, arrest and court record (except as permissible under State law), sexual orientation, domestic or sexual violence victim status, national guard absence, or status as a covered veteran.
Employment is contingent on satisfying employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986; reference checks of previous employers; and for certain positions, criminal history record checks.
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, annual campus crime statistics for the University of Hawaii may be viewed at: http://ope.ed.gov/security/, or a paper copy may be obtained upon request from the respective UH Campus Security or Administrative Services Office.