Work at UH Advertisement
- The Laboratory for Advanced Visualization (LAVA) in the Department of Information and Computer Sciences, located near downtown Honolulu, invites applications for a postdoctoral researcher to conduct research and development in the area of data visualization in large scale display environments. The desired start of employment is August 1, 2014, with some flexibility as to the actual starting date. The position will be renewable annually, depending on performance and funding.
- The candidate is expected to join LAVA, led by Professor Jason Leigh (Director Emeritus of the Electronic Visualization Laboratory at the University of Illinois at Chicago), and to participate in federally funded research projects on data visualization, with an emphasis on integrative visualization on scalable resolution display environments. The candidate will also collaborate with domain scientists to apply emerging visualization techniques to domain science problems. The candidate will participate in grant writing as part of postdoctoral training. The candidate is also expected to collaborate in publications of papers as well as documentation for deployed projects. Lastly, candidates will co-supervise undergraduate and graduate research students.
- We seek a highly motivated candidate with a PhD in Computer Science. Candidate should have experience in both scientific and information visualization, visual analytics, scalable display environments (such as tiled displays).
- Experience with virtual reality and collaboration with domain scientists. Excellent communication and presentation skills. Teaching experience is a plus.
- UH Manoa, Department of Information & Computer Sciences
- Laboratory for Advanced Visualization & Applications
- Attn: Professor Jason Leigh (Postdoctoral Search)
- 1680 East-West Road, POST 317
- Honolulu, HI 96822
- Jason Leigh; http://jasonleigh.me; 808-956-2761; email@example.com
The University of Hawaiʻi is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination on the basis of race, sex, gender identity and expression, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, genetic information, marital status, breastfeeding, income assignment for child support, arrest and court record (except as permissible under State law), sexual orientation, domestic or sexual violence victim status, national guard absence, or status as a covered veteran.
Employment is contingent on satisfying employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986; reference checks of previous employers; and for certain positions, criminal history record checks.
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, annual campus crime statistics for the University of Hawaii may be viewed at: http://ope.ed.gov/security/, or a paper copy may be obtained upon request from the respective UH Campus Security or Administrative Services Office.